Charter on the confidentiality of personal data
The collection, safeguarding and correct use of personal information relating to employees or customers of DFi are key values of the company. Each of us must operate in accordance with the Regulation on the protection of personal data, hereafter the “Regulation”.
This charter on the protection of the confidentiality of personal information, hereinafter the “Charter”, contains detailed information to help you work in accordance with the Regulation.
This Charter defines DFi’s commitment to protecting the private aspect of personal information collected or used in the context of its activities. In general, DFi will establish and maintain its procedures by adhering to this Charter.
1. DFi undertakes to respect the laws in force concerning the confidentiality of personal information. DFi periodically reviews its practices in terms of the collection, use and sharing of personal information to ensure compliance with the laws in force.
2. DFi undertakes to notify its Data Protection Advisor when personal information is collected or when the information collected is subsequently disclosed to third parties. Each of its notices shall explain the reason for the need for this information and describe its use.
3. Individuals who refuse to disclose personal information will be informed by DFI of the consequences of such refusal.
4. DFI undertakes to maintain procedures to ensure that the processing of information relating to its employees and customers or other sensitive categories is carried out in compliance with the laws in force while guaranteeing protection against any misuse.
5. DFI will collect and use personal information under the conditions set out in paragraph 2. Nevertheless, DFI reserves the right to delete identifiable characteristics collected from personal information in order to use this information for statistical, managerial or other purposes in compliance with the laws in force.
6. DFI undertakes to maintain the security linked to personal information and to protect the integrity of such information.
7. DFi shall put in place procedures to allow access by its employees and by customers to their personal information, and if necessary, the correction of erroneous or incomplete information, or even the deletion of personal information.
8. DFi may be led, by judicial decision or in circumstances permitted or required by law, to collect, use and/or disclose personal information relating to procedures that do not require prior notice (in the context of cooperation with the FedP, for example).
9. DFi reserves the right to modify or update this charter at any time. DFi will not make any retroactive changes to information collected following the modification of this Charter.